Monday, July 25, 2011

John and Cory Wedding


Three weddings in three weeks kicks off with John and Cory in Vallejo's Hiddenbrooke. The day was perfect, the venue was perfect and the wedding was easy-going and relaxed.  As a photographer I couldn't have asked for better conditions. The above pic was one of my favorite getting-ready shots. I always try to incorporate something in the foreground to lead the eye back into space as well as create depth.
My favorite shot of John in contemplation. Great exposure and lighting here.

One of the best parts about the day was the bay wind. Not so helpful with the hair, however, it makes for an amazing moment when movement is caught. In this case the veil. Cory looks absolutely amazing in these shots, magazine cover?










 Some of my all-time favorite bride/groom shots. John and Cory had great chemistry and camera presence. It was really easy to photograph them.  My job is simply to catch the moment and I try an stay away from "the pose". I tell every couple to imagine that I'm not even here, and many times I will distance myself and wait for the right moment to approach and capture. As the photographer I'm not here to manipulate the day or moment, I'm simply there to see the moment as it is and frame it as I see fit as an artist.


The venue was indoors but with windows covering 80% of the walls it may as well have been outside. Lighting was fantastic and for once during a reception I didn't have to use flash. I try an stay away from flash as much as possible, again, it goes back to my philosophy of not having to manipulate my environment in order to capture the moment. Plus, natural lighting is just the way it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment